Carpets are common choices we opt for as floor coverings. Carpets not only provide us with a soft ground to walk upon but they also add beauty, elegance and luxury to the interior decor. Carpets come in a variety of colours, textures, designs and patterns. Carpets are not just a lucrative item but rather an essential part of our home environment. Any problems associated with a carpet can affect overall home hygiene.
Carpets are prone to a daily settlement of dirt, dust and debris. Ignoring the routine cleaning of the carpet will compromise the condition and quality of the carpet. Dirty carpets can harbour very dangerous germs and pathogens. Any exposure to these gems and pathogens can result in diseases and infections. Bacteria flourishing in the carpet will feed on decaying organic matter. This bacteria can cause your carpets to stink very bad. Thus the bad odour released by a dirty carpet can b quite offensive and repulsive. Nasty odours will also affect indoor air quality. It is highly suggested that you hire professional carpet cleaning services for carpet odour removal and carpet deodorisation. You can also use below-mentioned DIYs to get rid of all the nasty odours from a carpet. Follow the steps and instructions mentioned for carpet odour removal at home.
DIYs For Carpet Deodorisation At Home
- White Vinegar and Warm Water
White Vinegar had natural deodorising and disinfecting properties which can be utilised for carpet odour removal. As it’s a natural disinfectant it can also help in delivering carpet sanitisation. White vinegar can be used by making a solution with warm water both taken in equal parts. Now pour this solution into an empty spray bottle. Now you need to spray this vinegar solution over the affected areas of the carpet. Make sure you spray this solution extensively and saturate the stained or affected part with this solution. Don’t overspray the vinegar solution or else it will lead to water damage and decolourisation. You can also use white vinegar for regular cleaning fo the carpet. For the best carpet deodorisation results, you can spray vinegar solution over the complete area of the carpet. Using white vinegar frequently will provide better carpet cleaning and carpet odour removal results for a long time.
- Baking Soda PowderBaking soda is a wonderful substance that can help in carpet odour removal and carpet sanitisation. It can also be used to treat the stains on the carpet. For carpet deodorisation, you can use baking soda powder as it is. Start by sprinkling some baking soda powder over the affected areas of the carpet extensively. For the best carpet odour removal results, you can sprinkle baking soda powder all over the carpet. Make sure you sprinkle the powder evenly and let it rest for some hours. Baking soda will absorb all the nasty odours and also terminate odour causing bacteria. After a few hours, you can use a vacuum cleaner to extract all the soda powder and dirt. Run the vacuum cleaner evenly over the carpet till soda powder is extracted completely.
- Hydrogen PeroxideHydrogen peroxide is a strong oxidiser which can easily absorb all the nasty odours from a carpet. Make sure you take precautions while using it. Wear gloves before you use them for carpet deodorisation. Now prepare a solution of 1 part liquid hydrogen peroxide and 5 parts of distilled water. Pour this solution into an empty spray bottle. Spray this peroxide solution evenly on the affected areas or spray it all over the carpet surface. Peroxide should be used in caution and don’t overspray it or else it will decolourise the carpet fibres. Peroxide is very good at removing smoke and pet urine odours from a carpet. Let the sprayed solution dry and now you can further clean the carpet with a wet cloth or a brush.
- Any Essential / Natural Oils
Various natural oils and essential oils have natural deodorising properties which can help in carpet odour removal. Oils like tea tree oil, peppermint oil or eucalyptus oil can be used for carpet deodorisation. You can use these natural oils with any cleaning solution. Or add these oils to vinegar solution or with hot water. Spray this solution of essential oil over the carpet completely and cover the affected areas as well. Use it daily for the best carpet odour removal results. Regular use of these essential oils will keep all the nasty odours at bay and will sanitise the carpet.
- White Vinegar and Warm Water
As an established brand, Oops Cleaning can provide our customers with all kinds of carpet cleaning and carpet deodorising services. Our company is an age-old name in town and we offer our professional Carpet Cleaning Services Sydney at low and reasonable costs. We have a highly trained and skilled staff of professional carpet cleaners. Equipped with all the latest tools and equipment we can deliver any kind of carpet cleaning service efficiently. Avail the benefits of the best carpet cleaning service in town today. Get your carpets cleaned, sanitised and deodorised by experts within 24 hours.